Date posted: March 10, 2021
MakeShift is an online employee scheduling app, using a 'people-first approach'. It is a complete web and mobile solution that is intuitively designed to build schedules, track time and attendance and enable communication between staff and their management.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate web developer to join the MakeShift team!
This is an intermediate to senior role and we’re hoping to see at least a few years of real working experience.
The successful applicant will be expected to work a 40-hour week (typically 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, or similar).
- Develop features for and maintain web apps for the MakeShift platform
- Think creatively with the rest of the team to solve problems and make the product better
- Adding features and enhancements, ensuring a responsive multi-platform user experience
- Utilizing TDD and automated testing to maintain software quality
- Use GitHub, Confluence and JIRA to document and track progress
- Fix reported bugs
- Experience building performant, scalable web apps using Ruby on Rails
- Exposure to TailwindCSS or other utility-first CSS frameworks
- Exposure to Heroku or other similar cloud application platforms
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other database technologies
- You’re active on GitHub or StackOverflow or otherwise have something out there that we can look at
- You've worked on a SaaS product with many active users who expect a high level of reliability
Perks of MakeShift
- Relaxed environment with a good team that enjoys what they do
- Everyone is responsible for coming up with great ideas and everyone’s input is heard
- Full benefits package
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to
email@example.com with the subject
Web Developer. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.